Never. And you just gotta deal with that.
Someone on a board once was stressed that the decluttering of her house never seemed to end. Well, it doesn't. It's part of life.
It's like saying "I just ate yesterday. Why do I have to do it again? Aren't I done eating yet?".
Sure, the hard part will end. I mean, if you start from a bad place, like where my house was a few years ago, then yeah, you have a lot to do. And eventually you'll get to a point where you've really slowed down and don't have to do so much. Eventually it isn't so much climbing a mountain as just maintaining your campsite up at the top.
But as long as we are alive, we'll have more decluttering to do.
Things break down, clothes wear out or go out of fashion or get outgrown. Kids, and adults, outgrow their toys and interests and move on to new hobbies. And even if you never buy another thing there's always family and friends giving you gifts for various holidays. You thank them nicely, appreciate that they thought of you, and then go home and figure out if you're taking half of it to GoodWill or listing it on Freecycle.
I don't know why I keep forgetting this. Dur!
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How true!
It's something I forget to think about, though.
You inspired me to write my own blog post about it!
http://www.clutter-cubed.com/
Post a Comment