I always hear people talk of gift bags as being a more economical, "greener" way of wrapping gifts. The point being you can re-use them over and over and over. Well . . . maybe. But you have to remember you have them. And you have to keep them in good condition while you are waiting for a new gift giving occasion. And, well, I'm just not organized enough for all that.
Mostly it's the remembering thing. The other day I found a whole bunch of gift bags from last Christmas and the last birthday (or two). Most of them were in very good condition but I didn't realize we'd had them and had already bought wrapping paper for this year.
So I freecycled them. Slightly guiltily. I at first thought I should keep them and freecycle them after Christmas just in case we used them but I changed my mind. I decided I'd rather have the space (and really, I'm all about avoiding decluttering guilt). They were snatched up (as in, actually taken) within a few hours of posting. Cool, huh?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is a fine balance between using reusable things that you have to store and using things that are disposable. I think a good option for wrapping paper is white paper on a roll. It can be recycled, and it has many other uses in the home. For kids to draw on, for table cloth that you can write on and also for year-round wrapping. You can decorate it with stamps or have kids color on it.
Post a Comment