I forgot to take a picture of the kitchen. I mentioned the kitchen right? It was sort of like this one. A little tykes, but the style was the one they were selling 6 years ago. We bought it for my dd's 3rd Christmas. It was a big, plastic play kitchen. It was played with for awhile but eventually just became an unsafe climbing toy. Then her brother enjoyed it for awhile but no one played with it enough to really justify it taking up all that space. It spent the last year in my daughter's room, collecting dust (literally - I'm not so good at the dusting thing).
Recently my daughter said she wanted more space in her bedroom. We moved her dresser to under her loft bed which helped but she also asked if we could move the kitchen out of her room. My son didn't seem to care either (he is more interested in helping me in the real kitchen) so out it went.
Well, maybe not that quickly. First I asked my step-sister if she wanted it for my nephew. She said she'd measure the space they had and get back to me. That was, I think, back in May and she never got back to me so oh well. Then I asked my mom if she wanted it in the playroom she has for the kids. She's trying to declutter too so she said no (I'm actually proud of her!). So to the consignment store it went.
It was big enough that we had to put the seats down and it filled up the entire back of the car. It's nice when big things go out. You see an immediate difference, you know? Today I'm taking a bag of clothing to Goodwill and even though I'm happy about that too, it's just a tiny fraction of the space the kitchen took up. Still, every little bit helps.
Sunday, December 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment