Of course, painting involves clearing the room. Oy. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not. The place is CLUTTERED. Take the entire contents of one room and put them elsewhere and holy moly, it makes you crazy. Well, it makes *me* crazy.
We're planning a garage sale next week too so in going through the room we carted a ton off to the garage to wait for the sale. There's nothing like picking up, moving and finding temporary storage places for almost everything in a room to make you realize you still have too much stuff. I'm not hopeful we'll make money but, like last year, anything left is not coming back in the house so it will still be worth it. After the sale we'll head off to GoodWill and the consignment store (kid's items) and get rid of everything left over. Buh bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out ;-)
Ah, and the kids are helping! Again, I told them they could have all the proceeds from whatever they sold. They have actually culled toys and games they don't play with, clothing they don't wear, even furniture they don't use any more. And if their stuff doesn't sell it gets to go to the kid's consignment store, so it'll work out.
(plus, even better, they have plans with Grandma that afternoon so they won't be here for the GoodWill run - just in case some of their stuff has to go there - I'll just pay them out of my pocket for it).
I have some stuff to say on family heirlooms too but it's sort of all jumbled up in my head so I'll wait on that.
But wish us luck for our sale! We really could use the money for our snowball (Dave Ramsey style!) but money or no, I'll just be happy to see the stuff outta here :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment