Friday, August 01, 2008

I am not a minimalist

I am not a minimalist and never will be. That has been confirmed by this past week. The room is painted but not refurnished yet. The computer tables are still here but the walls are bare. No art, no shelves. Ok, they were too cluttered before, but now they are bare. Other than the tables, we've moved one piece of furniture back in the room and put the curtains back up and that's it.

I - HATE - it. Absolutely hate it. Last night drifting off to sleep I found myself thinking about how empty and uninviting the room was.

Whenever I see pictures of "minimalist" decorating online, it leaves me cold. That's just not me.

Now, "horribly cluttered" isn't nice either, but as I've said before, I guess I'm more of a "comfortably cluttered" or "lived in" gal.

Today we're going to re-clutter the room ;-) Ok, not totally. As I said before we've already culled a lot of stuff for the sale and in moving things back in today, we're going to cull some more. But by some people's standards, we certainly are going to be putting a lot of stuff back in here. Three wooden cabinets, some shelves (haven't decided how many yet but not all of them are going back), one hanging plant, board games, puzzles, science kits, building kits, playdough supplies, a very few books (we are avid readers but we have a great library that we regularly visit so I am being ruthless with books), computer games, computer supplies and one bird cage complete with bird.

I'll take pictures when I'm done and try and find some good "before" shots. I'm sure I have some somewhere.

No comments: