The Seven Things Project was started by Earthchick, a woman on a board I post on. Her idea is to get rid of seven things in her house every week. De-cluttering is sometimes overwhelming. The sheer number of things, the sentimental value of things that are obviously junk, the "I might be able to use this someday" attitude - sometimes it's just really hard to get rid of all the stuff that clutters our home. Earthchick's idea is that maybe it won't be as overwhelming doing a mere seven things a week. Come on, you can get rid of one item a day, right? That's easy, right? And then, at the end of the year, she'll have decluttered 365 items. Cool!
I don't really de-clutter that way but maybe I should. Instead I tend to get rid of bags and boxes of things for awhile and then I burn out and months go by where nothing leaves the house (and things come in - they never stop coming in). But still, her blog was the inspiration for this one, so . . . . here goes.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment