Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Narrowing down what I want

We had a playdate at a friend's house yesterday. Hey there L! :-D

L was worried about dust (what dust?) and that she didn't like the wall color or the bathroom wall or whatever. Meanwhile I'm looking around and thinking that this is what I want!

I've said I want warm and inviting, and L has that. She also has something I didn't think of - Fun! Whimsy! Not Boring! It was big things like the ton of kid's paintings on the wall and little things like the cool mirror and the decorated window in her bathroom. I came home and looked around and my house is boring, boring, boring. Cutting clutter is great, the more I give away the happier I am here, but what about some color? How about some more (or different?) stuff on the walls? Heck, just a pretty sheet covering up the puke colored plaid couch would help a ton.

It's just *getting around to it*. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, Shannon, I love how much you liked my house! I look and see everything half-finished...or half-started. Depends on your view. You see fun and whimsey! That's exactly how I want my house and yet was kinda blind to it. Thanks for your fresh eyes!
~~L