In this first picture we have the three Pokemon videos. Below them are a pair of shoes my son got off a freecycle blanket. He wore them for a month and now says they are "too small" despite the fact that they are larger than the shoes he *will* wear. I don't get it, but there's no point in keeping them if he doesn't like them anymore. On top are two old fashioned toys my mom gave me for my 37th birthday. The clown one could be fun except the main clown has an evil face on it and it creeps me out. The other game is an anxiety causing one in which you try to pull out pieces without making the other pieces fly all over the place. Not for me (and no, the kids weren't into them either - it's not like I'm prying them from their sticky little fingers).

Here we have The Dinosaur Game which I was sure my Dino loving son would love. Eh, not so much. We've had it a year and played it once. Next to it is a Bob the Builder domino matching game that I think we've never played. We play with regular dominos sometimes but I guess we're not a domino family.

Mind Your Manners. A board game that teaches manners. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time (I got it last year at my aunt's church sale for something like 50 cents). The kids played it once with dh (not even me) and he said no one liked it. Buh bye!

7 balls (actally 8 because there's another Mario brothers McDonald's toy ball not pictured). How many balls do two kids need? This is less than half of what they had. There are still plenty of them to roll, throw and bounce around here. The two softballs I was happy to see go. My kids really do *not* need hard objects to throw at each other. Believe me, they don't.

And finally, 5 random items. The man is from a dollhouse we gave away years ago. I'm not sure where he was hiding. The green car ds specifically told me to give away because it's boring, LOL! The skull I admit I was sneaky on. I hate that thing. It creeps me out. You squeeze it and inside is a mix of fake rubber grubs and water dyed to look like blood. DS thought it was cool for a day or two but hasn't touched it in a month and frankly, it bothers me. I feel a little bad, but not too much. But I'm really a softie and if he misses it I'll (shudder) buy the kid another. I'm fairly certain he won't miss it though.

So add the toys and clothing together and 25 items went out today. The worst part? Or should I be proud of myself? I brought the kid items to the consignment store and found out she's backlogged and not taking items right now. She said check back in a week. I looked at my two bags full and almost took them home. Then I realized I'd get what, $5 maybe for them? Was it worth $5 to get the stuff out of the house NOW? Heck yeah! So I drove it all to GoodWill :)
Of course, uh, I did come home with some stuff from the consignment store. Mostly things my dd actually needed. We particularly have a hard time finding pants she will consent to wear so for $2 I got her two pairs to try out. I got some long shirts for her too, and a really beautiful sweater. I also ended up with some Sailor Moon videos which, uh, no do not make the "need" list. But then, I'm not exactly going for Spartan here ;-) They seem to be a hit, so I'm happy.
And finally, one more thing. The month of November is NaNoWriMo and I'm going to be attempting it again this year. That means I might not be posting very often because my spare time will be spent writing. I'll try to at least keep to 7 things a week but I'm not promising anything. We'll see what happens.
1 comment:
Nice work on decluttering! Good luck on NaNoWriMo!
Post a Comment