Yeah, I might be getting back on track thanks to Christmas ;-)
Only one item went out the door today but that's only a beginning. I have three more items bagged up for a freecycle pickup tomorrow, five more that I might give to a friend (waiting to hear back) or else I'll freecycle and a bag of extra toys I'm deciding what to do with (they are out of regular rotation for now at least).
The one item today is a gingerbread man shaped bottle of gingerbread scented shower gel. I put it on freecycle last night and today it's gone. My grandmother gave it to me on friday. Not as a gift but just "here, take this". I've learned over the years it's best not to argue with her. Just say "thanks" and then get rid of it. So I did. It feels good :-)
We also put away some of the Christmas decorations (the big, delightfully tacky cardboard fireplace from my dh's childhood) and this weekend the tree will come down. Reclaiming the space is another inspiration to get going on the de-cluttering. When the house is cluttered with Christmas decorations, it's hard to be motivated to clear anything. Of course, I'm also inspired by the need to find good locations for all the new stuff the kids got!
Whatever the reason, I just feel like getting rid of stuff! Yay! :-D
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment