Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I seem to be reversing

Ack! A very good friend offered us some hand me down toys. Hand me down toys with BIG foot prints and many, many multiple pieces. I said yes. I haven't yet regretted it because the kids have been playing with them a lot. Maybe in a few months when they don't play with them anymore but still won't give them up, maybe then I'll regret it ;-)

Never fear, Christmas is fast approaching and that's a big, three party deal in our family! That's sure to get me back in gear, right?

The thing is, right now, I sort of like how the house looks. It's not too shabby! Yeah, I still have organizational (and housekeeping) issues and yeah, there's still clutter to get rid of, but overall, I'm happy with how it feels. It's much better than it's been in years. I guess being content has just made me lazy, LOL!

But I'm sure on December 26th, I'll be ready to get going again.

Meanwhile, the dog is helping me. Sigh. Today I had to throw away two of my daughter's toys because they had dog pee on them. A bunch went in the washing machine and came out fine but not these two. One was a doll with a plastic head. It got filled with water in the machine and I couldn't get it out so it went bye bye (two other dolls got water in their plastic heads but I was able to drain them).

The other one was worse. It was a robotic kitty that she bought with her own money a year or so ago. She didn't love it anymore, but it did get played with every now and then. Unfortunately, the fur is not removable and it couldn't be washed. And it stank. I felt really bad about it but out it went.

I didn't tell her I tossed them by the way. If she notices them gone I'll tell her what happened and offer to replace them. I bet she won't notice the doll is gone but she might notice the kitten. We'll see.

But, in happier news, a lot of my daughter's outgrown clothes went out this past month. I might have mentioned some went to a sale with our youth group, but since then, more were mailed off thanks to the MDC Holiday Helper thread. The final few pieces (that didn't fit any HH families) went to the consignment store or GoodWill (depending on season - the consignment store only takes winter stuff right now and the owner is pretty picky about what that means).

I guess that's it for now. I'm sorry I haven't updated much lately but I tend to get a bit fuzzy brained in December. It will all clear up on the 26th and I'm sure I'll have a renewed interest in decluttering about then too ;-)

No comments: