Yeah, I'm slowing down all right. Still, I got a biggie out yesterday :-) It was only one item but one I feel a nice sense of relief over.
Our youth group collects printer cartridges and old cell phones to make money. We send them in to cartridges for kids and they send us money back. It's not an incredible amount of money but I'm hoping it can help us pay our yearly dues. The youth group international fee is $50 a year and if we can raise that then we don't have to ask the members to pay individual dues. The first year I just paid out of pocket because it's something I wanted to do for my daughter but I'd prefer to not have to do that every year.
Anyway, the box has been sitting on my piano for months. MONTHS. I packed it up this summer sometime. A month ago someone gave me a new cartridge and I opened the box just enough to toss that in and then resumed staring at it and thinking "I should really send that off".
Finally I did it. Cartridges for kids gives you FedEx labels to be picked up at your house. All I had to do Wednesday was call them up and spend about 4 minutes on the phone giving them the address and a code off the label. Then Thursday morning the package was left on my front porch when we went to a playdate. Thursday evening when we got home, it was gone.
The only reason I did it Wednesday was because the kids needed a place to put an art project to dry and the top of the piano looked good. Well, whatever the reason, it's gone :)
Today the girl and I went through her clothing and found a bunch of items to give away. Maybe I can get back in the swing of things ;-)
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment