
A whole bunch of items went out Saturday but only one was photo worthy.
This is the bag I carried for the past year. Christmas 2005 we got a bunch of clothing we couldn't use from Old Navy. I went to return it and found they have a new policy (or had at the time, I don't know if it's still in effect). Because I had no receipt for my return, I was told I had to return each item for an item of the exact same price. Let me be clear here. I wasn't told I had to buy something within the range of the total of what I was returning or anything reasonable like that. I was told (by the cashier and then the manager) that (for example) since I was returning a $6.99 toddler shirt, I had to find an item that was exactly $6.99 to return it for. Repeat for all the other items I was returning. No shopping by style, size or anything as insignificant as all that. Nope, I was supposed to roam the store on some insane scavenger hunt finding things that matched the prices of the items I had. I walked out in disgust.
I ended up contacting the company by email and telling them exactly what I thought of that new policy. They sent me a gift certificate for $10 to try and make me less pissed off and then they sent me a shipping label to allow me to return my items by mail (the return took months to get to me because they messed up my zip horribly but otherwise, it was ok).
So finally I go with my gift card and my merchandise credit and find that Old Navy is not exactly the place to shop if you are a beautifully fat chick. I think I found two XL pairs of pants but that was it. So I bought this purse and eventually went back there to spend the rest of my money on items for charity.
I carried the purse for a year but really, it made me think of an unpleasant situation with a company that now leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Then for Christmas 2006, the hubbie got me a beautiful, small, black :-) messenger bag from Duluth Trading. So finally, three months later, the Old Navy bag is out the door to Goodwill.
Along with it went two pillows and a bunch of random toys and dolls. I didn't count them so I'll underestimate and say it was 15 toys. And that's not counting the bag full of toys I left in the kitchen and found when we got home. Ooops. Next week :-)
Meanwhile my daughter has been planning a yard sale. She's got a small box full of things and some clothing. My son has a few items he wants to bring to the freecyle blanket at our homeschool group picnic in a few weeks but he also has some clothing he wants to sell at the yard sale. Either way, it totally thrills me to see them giving things away. There is hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment