4 full skeins - leftover from a blanket I made about 15 years ago. I kept telling myself I might make it larger (it was supposed to be a twin blanket) but I think after all this time it's fine as a lap blanket.
6 partly used skeins
3 large balls of yarn
14 medium balls of yarn
18 small (and I mean small) balls of yarn. I did tell the woman that there were a lot of tiny bits my Grandma had saved to make grannie squares so she knew she was getting these in there.
1 package green pony beads
All of that fit into one paper grocery bag.
And now for some organization. The box of yarn is mainly grannie squares my Grandma made but never assembled. I want to make them into a Grannie square blanket someday. I already have one she made but I have two kids. I'm thinking when they grow up it would be nice to be able to offer (Notice I said offer? Not force them to accept?) each of them a Grannie square blanket from their Great Grandma so yeah, I was thrilled to be given all these. The thing is, I have no intention of doing it in 2007 (or any time soon). So there's really no reason that box should sit in the middle of a well used room, taking up space and getting dusty.
The plan is to get a plastic bin and put it in the attic with a nice big label on it and then in 10 years or so I'll get around to it. Yeah, organizing clutter is silly, but organizing things you actually want can be key :-D
And the dresser top? Um, I'll get to that today. Really ;-P
1 comment:
I am a yarn whore. But when I straightened out my yarn stash, I gave the odds and ends to my local vets home!! And donated some to girls in a home learning to crochet
Normally I would never ever get rid of yarn but sometimes you just have to!!
Good job! :)
Post a Comment