I haven't updated in awhile huh? I haven't given up on decluttering but I haven't really been motivated lately. I've been doing all sorts of fun things, going on playdates, bought new bikes (and actually use them LOL!), playing racquetball, etc. My house, predictably, has suffered. I do need to clean it up, but I'm just having so much fun with other things that, well, I let it slide.
But finally some stuff went out yesterday. Uh, not that I remembered to count (sigh).
But from memory
1 stuffed animal my daughter doesn't want anymore
a bunch of plastic figures the kids culled
1 large megazord we got from a friend awhile back that ds decided is really too big to play with
2 Walk Away The Pounds DVDs I decided I don't want anymore
There might have been more in the bag but I forgot to look through it. I put together the bag 2 weeks ago and when I finally had the urge to drop it off, I didn't waste time counting anything! So I'll estimate the figures at 5 (even though I know there were more) and call it 9 items for the day.
(ugh! I totally took a picture of the megazord, I did! Maybe it was in the group that I accidentally deleted last week. Sigh).
In other news - a new development :) We take a lot of stuff to the consignment store but we never make a lot of money. My kids tend to wear out their clothes and most of it is second hand or Target in the first place, so no high end, perfect condition clothing from us. Mostly we bring in toys. So the other day I explained to the kids how consignment works. I told them if they wanted to give their unwanted toys to the consignment store, they could keep all the proceeds. Up til now I've been using what they make to buy them new clothing but really, it doesn't come to enough money to really matter. They thought this was a cool idea.
So yesterday when we dropped off the toys they didn't want, we picked up the $9 we had coming to us. I didn't have any change so I kept the extra dollar and gave each kid $4. They. Were. Thrilled.
Maybe this will make them think more about what toys they really don't play with but just keep out of habit (maybe a good third I'd guess).
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment