Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Another "one" bites the dust

My third freecycle item went out today :D

My dad gave this to my dh for Christmas one year. It's a paperweight he bought at a U.S. Mint. It's the striking part that makes quarters. It's not engraved (you can't buy that part for obvious reasons!). It's basically just a hunk of metal with a red "Q" on it and a serial number engraved in the side. It was a nice thought, but dad basically gave something that *he* would like because he didn't really have a clue what to get my dh. We hung on to it for a few years but now it's gone.

Now, what for tomorrow ;)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow ... that's really a neat story. I have a tough time getting rid of things with stories attached to them. It's great that you were able to do so. Thanks for posting it!

SimplyBillie said...

Wow! What a great blog! I love Freecycle and even moderate our local chapter. I must say, I never would have thought to list a 1/2 bag of kitty litter. I think it's awesome that you were able to put it to better use, rather than throwing it out! :)

Shannon said...

I've seen all sorts of things on our Freecycle. Once I saw someone list a half bottle of shampoo so I got inspired and cleared out my bathroom of all the shampoos, conditioners and lotions I didn't use. I had to turn people away! When you think about it, it's not like shampoo or kitty litter go bad, right? Freecycle is cool ;)