Sunday, September 24, 2006

A few more items

I was going to post another before/after but my dh moved the cord thingie that attaches to the camera to get the pictures off and I don't know where he put it so I can't get the after shot. Oh well, tomorrow.

So today, 9 books went with my mom to go to the church sale. They were all computer manuals dh didn't want anymore. I still have five computer manuals here but they are out of date. I've tried freecycle but no one wants them so I'm probably going to recycle them next week. I feel bad about it, but computer books are outdated so fast, there's not much to do about it.

This roaster pan also went. It was my Great Grandmothers. My Grandma (her dd) gave it to me. When Grandma gives you something you don't want it's easier just to say "thanks" and then get rid of it later :) I already have a roaster that was my other Grandma's. I only use it once a year and don't need two. I don't have any emotional attachment to the Great Grandma I never met, so I don't feel the need to keep this one. Grandma gave it to me a few years ago and it's been in the basement all that time. Today I gave it to mom for the church sale.

I also culled two bags of toys from the back room while the kids were out. I'm very careful and only pull aside things they really don't play with, but still, I keep them around for months to make sure they don't miss anything. I don't want to get rid of anything they actually want. In a few months I'll get rid of whatever they haven't missed (which will probably be everything). For now, it's in the attic. And somehow, the backroom is STILL overflowing with toys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a roaster! I have been following your path. Fantastic job- keep up the great work!