
Ok, here are the things that are GONE!
First we have this book. It's an antique and if it was in perfect shape it would be worth a lot. The pictures are by Richard Scarry and this is an original. But the spine is cracked and the fold out picture of Santa on the first page has been ripped and taped. Otherwise it's in good shape. I gave this away at the freecycle blanket and someone took it. If they know how to sell antique books in ripped/cracked condition then more power to them. I held on to it for months after my Great Aunt gave it to me, finally realizing we'd never do anything with it other than just stare at it. So it's gone.
A Grendel comic book. I liked one issue of Grendel and bought this one, thinking they were all the same. They aren't. I gave it away at the picnic freecycle blanket to a sweet little girl who said she "likes violence", LOL! I did warn her mom that this is a violent comic, so nobody throw tomatoes at me, ok?
Oops, some duplicates there - ignore the Grendel and the Christmas book, k?. After those, we have 15 issues of Archaeology magazine. I was in the field in another life (long, long ago) and someone gave me these to browse through. I haven't touched them in 10 years. Next to that is a pile of 6 cookbooks, 1 work out book (which works wonders if you actually do it) and one science desk reference my dh got for Christmas many years ago. Bottom of the picture is 3 issues of Mothering magazine. I gave most of them away to my step-sister but I'm getting the idea she hasn't read any of them so I don't bother passing them to her anymore. To the right is one issue of Wonder Time magazine. I subscribe to that and I ended up with two of the same one by mistake. Next to that is one issue of British Heritage magazine (same story as Archaeology). And finally, a Math-U-See demo. What can I say, it was free so I had to order it even though I knew I didn't need it (probably why my house is the way it is - I'm working on it!) For the record, the demo was incredibly boring. So boring I couldn't even finish watching it. It might be a good curriculum, I don't know (we, uh, don't even use curricula - I know, I know! I'm pathetic!) but it wouldn't hurt for them to spice up the demo a bit.But wait, there's more! I can't post the (oh so exciting, LOL!) pictures til tomorrow since they are pictured with things that haven't gone yet, but there's a few more things that went out the door. One black t-shirt with a silver dragon on it (that my son bought while out with my mom, never wore, and then asked me to freecycle), one SPF-50 swim t-shirt that's been outgrown and 4 A size pool filters (Intex sent us the wrong size filters and then said not to bother sending them back when they mailed the new ones).
So there you have 37 items that went to either the freecycle blanket at two picnics or to my mom to bring to my aunt's church sale. Tomorrow I hit the consignment store and Goodwill and I'll have more to post (whoo hoo!).
No comments:
Post a Comment