There isn't a single item I miss, but collectively I miss it. I miss the piles of junk. How stupid is that? And I still think the china cabinet looks weird now that it's not packed to the gills with crap. Yeah, this is taking some getting used to.
Anyway, today I dropped off more stuff. Two jackets (the red and green) of my son's. They were hard. They are SO cute but they don't fit him anymore and we're not having any others so . . . I brought them to the freecycle blankets but no one took them. I would have taken them to the consignment store but they were the wrong season, so they went to Goodwill. I also got rid of three books (not pictured) and the heavier brown jacket that's under the red one. They went to consignment. The brown jacket my Grandma bought for my dd when she was a toddler. She wore it and then my son wore it but now we're done with it. And oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Rosetta Stone t-shirt that got picked up off a freecyle blanket last week (upper right). My dad bought that for me in England. It's a nice thought, but I don't usually wear t-shirts with pictures and the neck wasn't comfortable (I'm very sensitive about the types of necks I like on my shirts). Also in this picture is the black t-shirt with dragon and the SPF 50 t-shirt I mentioned in my last post. Oh, there are two diaper inserts on the picture too. I have them packed up to mail to someone but the post office line was unbelieveable this morning. I'm giving the package to my mom tomorrow to mail for me (she's nice that way :D)
1 comment:
I know what you're talking about: that kind of weird missing the clutter mentality that makes no sense. It hit me the other day when I realized I'd given away all but one pie pan: But, what if I want to make TWO pies?!? Silly. It takes a real switch in the way we look at our lives and our things.
Post a Comment