Sunday, January 21, 2007

I finally feel like I'm back on track!

Oh lovely. I just noticed that my camera re-set itself to January first, 2006, LOL! Ignore the time stamp on the pictures, they were all taken the past few days.

The first shot here is my lovely green wall :) I forgot to take a good shot but then found this one on my camera and at least it shows the green. I was trying to capture my cat sitting in the drawer my son left open (toys are in there). The little stinker jumped just as I took the shot. Oh well. Oh, and yes, there's a monkey and a snake climbing my palm tree. If you have kids you'll understand.


So it was a big weekend :) Three bags of stuff went to Goodwill, some stuff got put back on the walls (we wanted to give it a good week to dry just in case), the hall closet got organized (which was all my husband's doing, I can't take any credit for that!), the fabric scraps that live in the front room got at least partially organized, the canvas shopping bags found a new home (in the car trunk - makes sense, no?), the coat trees got cleared and we're going to put them in the basement for a week to make sure we don't want them anymore and then take them to Goodwill (most of the coats went into the closet - how cool is that?) and we put up a coat hanger thingie on the wall for the kid's coats (since the bar in the closet is too tall for them to reach and it's a small closet without any room to put any new hooks or bars up). Whew! Oh, and all that is in addition to the hubbie putting a new light fixture in the kitchen when the old one suddenly decided to die in the middle of the day yesterday.

And yet, the place is still a wreck, LOL! Painting a room will do that but I don't care. I really feel like it's coming together! I'm very happy :)

But anyway, here are some pictures of things that went out today.

Here we have all the things that left the house because of the front room reorgonization. A lot of this is from just the closet. Starting at the top middle, both pairs of boots, the shaving cream heater (the husband got two last Christmas and the extra sat in the closet all year), the styrofoam bowls and plates (someone brought them to a party here) and the two girl's shirts were all stuffed in the closet, buried under more stuff. Everything on the left side of the table went out because I reorganized the little cabinet we keep the hats and gloves in. On the bottom is a set of rollar blade pads (knee, elbow and wrist - all Barbie brand bought second hand - she got ones that fit better for Christmas). Above them are two pairs of kid gloves (they were just handed down to us a month ago and already my four year old says they are too tight), a pair of infant mittens (did I mention my 4 year old is my youngest? Why do I still have these?), one white crocheted hat and one brown knitted one.

This picture is all Christmas presents. On the left we have a pair of Spiderman jammie pants with the tags still on them. No shirt. I have no idea what happened here (how on earth do you buy a pair of pants but not the shirt? Did they fall out of the bag and we didn't notice?) but my son is very into matching pajammas right now so, as cool as they are, he wasn't interested in wearing them. To the right are a pair of men's gloves that are too small for my husband but too large for me. On the bottom is a brown t-shirt that looks horrendous on the hubbie. I mean seriously, seriously bad. It's a sort of plum-brown and it's just NOT his color. I hated it so much on him he agreed to give it away.

Here we have four books. Not much to say about them I guess. Oh, wait, two were found in the closet. I should have put them in the closet picture huh?


Finally, a sports bra that is not the least bit supportive, a pair of boxer/brief undies my son refused to wear (I wasn't sure if Goodwill would take second hand undies but figured I'd try) and a Heifer International video (I sent away for the teaching supplies on their site and they sent us a video and a DVD of the same thing).

Whew! I guess that's it. So (counting the safety pad set as one item) that brings us to 23 for today. Of course after we came home I found another bag of stuff that was supposed to go to Goodwill. It was only half full but by the end of the day it was filled up too. Oh well, there's always next week.

No comments: