Thursday, January 18, 2007

One

Freecycle isn't coming through for some reason! I have 10 items listed and only one has been taken. I guess I'll be making a trip to Goodwill this weekend. I went digging in (cue scary music!) the hall closet (shudder!) to find some boots and ended up with 4 more items to get rid of. Since the other stuff didn't go on Freecycle I didn't bother listing these. I'll just drop it all off this weekend sometime.

But still, one item did go today. A really nice, far too delicate (for me!) green scarf I got for Christmas from my SIL.

When the kids are gone this weekend we'll dismantle that closet and probably find a lot more to get rid of. My vision of a beautiful front room hinges on that black hole being put in order. We took all the crap out to paint and now I find myself not wanting to put it all back! So it's cluttering up other rooms. So here's the plan. I want to get rid of the coat tree and put the coats in the closet instead (what a concept!). That will free up a lot of space. Then I want to get the dog leash and the canvas shopping bags in there too. Finally, we get the winter boots in there and it will be perfect. Perfect I tell you!

Now to do it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Freecycle has never really worked for us. I just don't think that many people participated in my area. GL on your project. We had a coat tree that made our entry monstrous, but since we moved the coats and other things to the closet the whole area looks so much nicer.