Thursday, January 25, 2007


I got rid of this the other day but didn't get around to taking the picture off the camera til tonight :) Ok, the picture turned out very light, but you can still see it. This is the jacket I wore for the past few years. It's a really nice jacket, but a few months ago the zipper broke. I'm just not capable of fixing a zipper. My husband suggested I take it somewhere and get it fixed but here's the thing - as much as I like this jacket, it's a man's jacket. The sleeves are too long and I have to keep pulling them up. The problem is, I tend to like men's fashions better than women's, so I keep buying men's stuff and then complaining it doesn't fit. Yeah, like that makes sense.

Well, a while ago he suggested I buy something from the work clothes company he likes now that they have a women's line. I blew it off for awhile but finally, while ordering him something for Christmas, I looked at their women's outerwear. It's just my style! No frou frou, just plain, basic clothing made to fit women. Kewl! So I ordered a new jacket and decided to get rid of this one. Ok, so it still took me almost a month but now it's gone.

I freecycled it this week (being clear about the broken zipper) and I think it was Tuesday night the guy came and picked it up. Bye jacket! I'll miss you. A little.

No comments: