Tuesday, July 03, 2007

3 sad items

A few months ago I talked about my cat helping with the decluttering by peeing on things. Someone helpfully suggested it might be a UTI. I never would have though of that, thanks! We took him to the vet and it was and we got it cleared up. Last month he got another one and we took him to the vet again. And then he had a fur thing. And then he started breathing funny. Long story short, Oscar left us last Thursday. We don't know how old he was because we adopted him full grown from the shelter but he was obviously an old cat and his body was just breaking down, poor guy. We had 8 1/2 years with him (would have been 9 next month) and he was just the sweetest cat I'd ever met. I really miss him.

Today a friend picked up half a bag of the fancy, grain-free food Oscar ate when he wasn't eating the homemade raw stuff I was feeding him the past few months. She also took a half full bottle of UTI prevention supplements and a bag of organic catnip we bought a few weeks ago to try and perk him up. We're keeping the big stuff like the litter box and cat carrier because we'll probably get a cat again someday (just not yet - I'm not ready). I didn't want to keep the perishables though.

So that's three for today. I don't have a picture of the stuff, but here's Oscar, aka, "Old Man".


No comments: