Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sunday!


These all went out Sunday but I didn't get around to posting them til today. First, here's the picture I mentioned Saturday. The four bags on the right went to the consignment store. The red bag on the left went to my step-mom. The yellow bag in front is what went to Goodwill on Sunday.

That bag contained -

5 books (consignment only takes kid's books, step-mom only takes baby books)
2 plastic jump ropes still in packages (already have some)
2 plastic bowls left over from toddler hood (we've got too many!)
1 red plastic bowl
1 suds pump (you put liquid soap and water in it and it makes suds for hand washing)
1 inflatable beach ball still in the package (already have two)
1 glass jar that says "WOOF" (given to us filled with dog treats at Christmas)
1 set of salad grabbers
1 Chinese wall decoration
1 small bottle of lotion

But wait, there's more! I decided to clear out the "skinny clothes" drawer. I could write an entire blog about that - my feelings on being fat and actually liking my body anyway, my realization that life is too short for dieting and the fact that if I do lose weight, I'll just go buy new clothing - but let's just keep it short and say it was time.

So, to Goodwill (seperate bag) went 2 pairs of jean shorts and 1 jean skirt. That's the pile in the front of this next picture.


And *in the trash* (the pile in the back of the picture) went 2 pairs of jean shorts and 1 pair of jeans. All of them were ripped and in bad condition. Of course my mind came up with all the things I *could* do with them. Make jean skirts (I'm not big into skirts), make jean backpacks (we all already have good backpacks), make purses (I have 1 - one - and I'm happy with it). Bascially, yeah, there are tons of things you can do with old jeans. But will I do them? No. No, no, no, no, no. I learned this lesson from the stack of old, worn out, stained t-shirts that sat in the basement for years because I could make something out of them.

So that was 22 items for Sunday. In all, a good weekend.

No comments: