I come and go with
Flylady. I love the idea but (ironic comment alert!) the whole thing has just become way too cluttered. The emails were bad enough when I started but by the time I left they had added reminders for exercise, cooking, date night, breast checks and water drinking, plus every other testimonial was talking about a product for sale. Some people just use the website but I find that completely overwhelming. I think the general system is awesome and could definitely help a lot of people (I got a lot of great ideas and even greater attitude changes from Flylady that have really stuck with me). I just wish they'd streamline it so it wasn't so overwhelming for those of us who are easily . . . . overwhelmed ;-)
But there's a lot of good over there. Like this quote that was part of
this email.
Work with your children when they are helping with chores in the house, praise their efforts if you find you can't praise the work. Don't tear them down and make them feel as though their contribution was insignificant. Let them know that they are appreciated and valued. Teach them to love and value themselves by setting the example of loving yourself and letting go of the perfectionism.
I like that :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment