It was a good weekend :)
Today to Goodwill we took
2 mattress pads (one single, one double)
1 pair of men’s swim trunks that don’t fit
1 pillow case
1 fancy black woman’s shirt (not my style)
1 white lace bra from my honeymoon that I will never fit again (and it wasn’t really *me* anyway)
1 black lace bra (see above)
1 exceedingly tacky black see through lingerie thing (see above)
1 white jogging bra that doesn’t fit
4 black tee shirts that are too small (if I lose weight I’ll want to go shopping anyway)
1 ladle
2 plastic flippers
1 cooking spoon
1 glass mug
1 plastic cup
1 felt Goldilocks book
2 toddler helmets (1 is not pictured here)
1 cylindar shaped pillow
1 toy story thermos
1 purple tiki head with straw hole
1 plastic Anastasia mug
4 videos I never watched
7 books
5 kid’s puzzles (the kind that don’t have boxes so you can easily lose the pieces and there’s no picture to go by)
1 plaster pet pawprint maker (does any pet really like doing that?)
1 stamp and ink set (we have enough)
1 empty frame
1 framed embroidery piece (it was never my style and the person who made it stopped talking to me years ago)
2 puzzle books (books with puzzles on every other pages)
1 cassette of Spanish for kids in the car (we no longer own a cassette player)
1 Dinosaur card game
5 plastic toy tools
1 plush rose
1 pair kid’s sweat pants
2 foam Frisbees for use in the water
the first picture is all of that spread out. The second is how it looked bagged up.
Oh, and 1 Pink Panther plastic decoration from the 70's (I think)
Yesterday in the trash (no picture) I threw out
2 pairs of fancy white undies (see bra explanation above)
1 pair fancy black undies (see above)
1 control top undie (puhlease. I’m not controlling anything and I really don’t care)
1 pair maternity shorts that are stained and out of shape
1 pair of gray pants that are pilly and have multiple worn spots and holes
Why am I now counting items I trashed? Because they are things I held on to for years (in some cases - a decade) and couldn't let go of. I'll write more about this in general and the pants in particular another day (maybe tomorrow) but for now, I've decided that more and more I am feeling good about throwing out things that for goodness sake *should* be thrown out. I think the fact that I felt guilty about throwing out things when I started this says a lot about me and why I have so much crap in my house in the first place.
Meanwhile, to Freecycle this weekend went two items. The first was a book I didn't take a picture of. It was part of a pile of mildewy books from the basement that we were going to throw out (take to a recycling plant actually). For the most part I don't think mildewy books are worth saving but I realized that one book might be of value to someone. It was a 1950 commemorative book about the life of a local Archbishop. That went out yesterday.
The same day we got rid of a pasta maker. Ahhhh, the pasta maker. I have a lot to say about that and hoarding and all that but I'm going to save that post for another day too.
So 68 items today. I might make my goal after all :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment