Sunday, July 01, 2007

Countdown!

Count up? Um . . . . Anyway, July 25 will be my one year anniversary of starting this blog. I'd sort of like to reach 1,000 items by then. I think I can do it. It's only 208 items (actually, after I count up today it will be less!). I know there are people on MDC who can do the whole 1,000 in a month so it's possible for me to do around 200 in the same time, right?

One problem is that since I've been doing this almost a year, I've gotten rid of the really obvious things. The out and out clutter is gone. What's left is the stuff that takes more thinking to decide if it's truly clutter or not.

The other problem is just your boring old lack of motivation. I'm hoping the upcoming anniversary will fix that.

So anyway, with that in mind, here's this weekend's tally :) Complete with picture! (about time, huh?).

This is the hatchback of my car. On the bottom is a stroller. On top of that are various bags full of 5 annoyingly loud electronic toys, 3 large plastic toy trucks, 2 dolls (you can see the big one in the picture) and 1 toy piano. On top of that, in front, is 1 kid's coat hanger that looks like a pencil. 13 items - out the door to Goodwill. When we got home I found a bag of kitchen items that I forgot so we'll take those next Sunday along with tons more stuff I'm sure ;-)



Ok, so wish me luck and send me those de-cluttering vibes! 1,000 items OTD - here I come!

P.S. - just added today's total and it's now 195 items to toss to make 1,000 :D

No comments: