
I unloaded all the books I collected yesterday. This picture has 28 of them (some are really thin so it's hard to tell from the picture!) but after I took it I pulled one out. Then I found two more to make up for it so in the end, 29 books went out today. Some went to the consignment store, some went to the church sale. The consignment store is pretty picky in what they'll take so I was only able to give them about half. The rest of the good condition ones went to the sale. If I have books that are in bad condition or mildewy I have a place where I can recycle them but that doesn't often happen. The last time I had to do that was because of a flood.

Next up we have a workbook and an educational card game. The card game was really flashcards so it wasn't a good fit for my kids (I think it was a birthday present for the 4 y/o). Also in the picture is a foam dinosuar that you punch out and set up. For some reason, it didn't grab his fancy.

Next is a blast from the past. This is a set of educational cards my mom signed me up for when I was a kid in the 70's. Each one features the picture of an animal on the front and a lot of information about that animal on the back. She found them and gave them to me awhile ago but they're not really a good fit for my kids. I remember when I was a kid they came in a little plastic box to organize them and it was cool. But then, maybe it was just the organizational part I liked and not really the cards. They went to the church sale. Maybe some other 30-something person will see them and be thrilled to relive their childhood :)

And finally, we have Candyland Bingo. Not as mindnumbingly boring as Candyland, but still not a very exciting game. My kids were never really into it. I can't remember the last time we played it though I *can* remember the last time they said they *didn't* want to play it, so why give it space?
So, total for today was 34 items.
No comments:
Post a Comment