A week or so ago I took some "before" pictures of three very cluttered spots in my house. I was going to post them but then realized how depressing it would be to have those "before" pics up with no "after" pics with them. So I'm waiting til I get the "after" shots so I can post it all at once.
Today dh helped me do some work on one of the spots. He's great for de-cluttering. When he sees a mess, he just picks something up and starts cleaning. Me? I pick something up and immediately it's "Where do I put this? Do I throw it out? What if we need it later? Did someone give it to us? What if it's worth money?". Stand there and repeat the mindless crap in my head til I'm overwhelmed and just give up and go play on the computer. With him doing so much we got a lot done. It looks great! Not quite ready for an "after" picture yet, but getting there.
Dh helped me clear up something. I packed a pair of slippers of my dd's and asked dh if he thought I should count that as 1 item or 2. He said 1 because it's a set. I replied that I had counted the candlesticks as 2 items. He said sure, because candlesticks you can use separately if you want, slippers would look pretty silly only on one foot. Ok, now that we've cleared up that all important issue . . .
I bagged and boxed up a lot of stuff today but nothing actually left my possession (though some is in the back of the car) so I won't post it til it's gone. The consignment store starts taking winter things on Tuesday. I have three bags of clothing in the car for that, one bag of summer items for Goodwill (because no, I'm not going to store it 6 months for the consignment store) and one box of items for my Aunt's church sale that I hope my mom can pick up this week. A good, fun day :)
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew that I'd have to blackmail myself into actually cleaning by posting before shots. Everytime I logged on and saw 'em, they just motivated me more!
My DH is the same way--clean, toss and that's it. With me, I'm constantly second guessing myself like you. "Can I use this for a craft project?" "Is it worth money?" "Which charity should I give it to?"
Good luck on your project!
Thanks! I'm finding your blog very inspiring. I like how you're tackling one room at a time. I keep thinking I should do that but for now I'm just randomly walking all over the house picking up things, LOL! I'm working on that one cluttered area so I can get the after pictures up. I think I don't have the guts you do to put them up first :D
Post a Comment