Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"My home is warm and inviting"

That's my affirmation for my house :D

I talked awhile back about what I didn't want. I quickly realized that focusing on what I *didn't* want was too negative and instead I should focus on what I *did* want (that's about when I changed the blog name too - the old one was too negative!). At that point the problem was that I didn't *know* what I wanted. I went searching around for pictures of nice homes online and found a lot that didn't seem to be "me". Then I remembered some photos I had seen online once of a house that just looked really welcoming. I figured out who it was and at my request she posted some new pictures. I mentioned that her kitchen looked "warm and inviting" and as soon as I typed it, the phrase just clicked. THAT is what I want. Not hopelessly cluttered, not intimidatingly sterile - Warm and inviting :D

So . . . . my home is warm and inviting :D

And in the quest to get it even warmer and more inviting, here's what I did today :D

First I mailed off two packages. I sold them on the MDC trading post and asked for chocolate as payment. I think getting chocolate in the mail some random day will just put a smile on my face :D

Package one was a nursing shirt I made a few years back. It's the second one I made and came out pretty good (let's not mention the first one LOL!).

The second package was 8 diaper doublers I had left over from my son (the one who's been out of diapers for over two years - these were excavated out of the Pile O' Cloth along with the nursing shirt).

Then I went on a wild rampage and cleared out the kitchen hutch! Just like that! I decided to do it and . . . . I did it! Wow! I'll get that post and the before and after shots up later tonight :D

So it was a 9 item day, plus more items put in the outward bound pile and I have a clean hutch. Niiiiiiiiiiice :D

No comments: