Lucky for me, my really nice MIL lives in the same town as we do. She came over and watched the kids while I went grocery shopping. And since I was out anyway . . . . . .
I swung by the Goodwill and dropped off a couple bags :)
First we have four baskets (there are only three in the picture). These always seem like such a good idea but they tend to just lay around, not being used for much and getting destroyed bit by bit. There's a fifth one around here somewhere, but it actually *is* being used so it's staying (my son is using it to hold his Star Wars figure collection). Also in the picture is a stone donkey. We don't remember where it came from but dh handed it to me the other day for the "out" pile and I agreed.
Say goodbye to this clock. I had fond memories of sleeping to the ticking of a clock at my Grandma C's house, so I bought this one. It turns out that now I'm used to sleeping in silence. The constant ticking of a clock is sort of . . . annoying. Plus you have to keep winding it and then you forget and you check the time and you're wrong. I think I'll stick with electric.
The purple vase was my Grandma S's (the one I usually talk about - the one who owned the glasses and the crochet). This doesn't have any sentimental value for me, I just thought it was pretty. It seems to have some sort of finish on it that keeps looking like it's coming off. From a distance it looks pretty but close up I was having trouble keeping it looking nice. Plus, it's not very steady when you put flowers in it. I decided this should go.
Two very pretty vases my MIL gave me. I'm not really into vases. I have some, but just don't need a lot. My MIL is a doll though, so there's always the "gift guilt" thing going here, which is why it took me so long to get rid of these (I put them aside awhile ago but kept putting it off). Also in the bags were 1 gold picture frame, 1 large glass vase left over from a flower delivery and 1 wooden lion. I *know* I took a picture of the wooden lion but I don't know where it went. DS brought the lion to me and said it should go and everyone was ok with it, so in the bag it went.
12 items, unexpectedly gone. Nice :D
No comments:
Post a Comment