Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oy

I tell 'ya, if you want some free therapy, go to the family of hoarders thread at MDC. I have this intense urge to just get rid of stuff now. I mean, more intense than what I've had the past few weeks!

I've also been inspired by The Clutter Queen and I'm going to start focusing on areas. Area #1 is going to be the front room. It's the first room you see when you enter the house and I would love for it to be clutter free. That means the arts and crafts cabinet needs a major overhaul, the clothing pile (scraps, items in need of repair, etc) needs to be sorted through (I'll need a mask for that since I'm allergic to dust) and finally, the China cabinet will need to be de-cluttered in a serious way. Hmmm, well maybe also the coat rack area and the closet. Ok, so the only thing *not* cluttered is the piano and that's because dh helped me clear it off last weekend. Oh, and the table. I'm proud to say the table has been completely cleared off every night this week :D Tomorrow I'll take a few more "before" pictures and I hope it won't be too long before I can post them with the "after" shots :D

Meanwhile, I bagged up more books today! It was accidental de-cluttering. We have this bookshelf that is shaped like stairs so of course the kids climb it. Two bins on top of the "stairs" are full of books and are in the way of the climbing. I came in the room to find one bin neatly set on the couch but the other upside down on the floor, books everywhere. I was about to enlist ds in helping me clean the mess but then realized I might as well go through them. So I sat and went through the science books with the kids and we ended up with 27 books to give away. We're down to just one bin on top instead of two. DD commented that we were keeping far more than we were giving away, LOL! I still want lots of books around, I think books are important, I just don't want to waste space for books that no one wants to read.

Unfortunately the books are not yet OTD so they don't really count yet. Tomorrow :D

No comments: