In honor of the one month mark, I decided I *had* to get rid of stuff today. My dh watched me putting stuff in piles and told me I'm obsessed, LOL! I told him he can complain about the mess or he can complain about me cleaning, he can't do both :D But he's a sweetie so he helped me get this stuff together :)
So, first we have the slippers. My dh bought them for me for Christmas. He meant well but my feet are not a small, LOL! I exchanged them for whatever these are (medium? large?) but they were still not wide enough for my sneaker wearing feet so today they went in the bag to Goodwill.
Next was this cute little picture. I bought it for my sister but never got around to giving it to her. Dh hung it in the bathroom for awhile but it's not really my style. Why don't I give it to sis? Well, her house makes mine look minimalistic. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about cluttering, hoarding, my family, myself (etc) and I don't think I want to contribute to anyone else's problem anymore. I just don't feel right about it. So, this went in the donation bag instead.
Some of my Grandma's decorative glasses. I don't like these. I *should* like them. They are a dark, ruby red and look beautiful in the sun but I just don't like the style. They've been sitting on Grandma's hutch for years, covered in clutter. I looked at them today and realized that I just don't want to give up any space to display them. I don't like them enough. So, out they went. They are a beautiful color and I'm sure they'll be snatched up quickly.
The Reindeer (shudder!). The kids pulled it out of the neighbor's garbage on bulk trash day. It even still had the tag on it. You know, sometimes I feel like putting flyers on everyone's door telling them about freecycle, Goodwill (the Goodwill that's just down the road!), VVA (who pick up off your porch!) and why there's no excuse for throwing perfectly good stuff in the trash! But I digress :P Anyway, they played with it for about 5 seconds before they realized it wasn't a ton of fun. It's been taking up space all this time, just sitting there, unloved and unplayed with. Out it goes!
Two videos :) Darling dearest hubbie grabbed these off a shelf when I asked him to help me find more things to get rid of. He has a co-worker who keeps giving him videos. I think he's decluttering his house into ours :) It's nice of him, but neither dh or I were interested in these particular ones so in the bag they went :)
And, the grand finale - a big box with 22 brand new notebooks in it. These were from a failed business venture of ours. Actually, these were from dh's best friend's failed business (we think - he can't really remember) and were given to us for use in what turned into our failed business. Rather depressing so let's not dwell on all that. And I'm counting it as one item. I know, I know, my counting seems screwy at times, but it was one box taking up space in the basement all these years and now it's one box gone. Heck, I didn't even know what was in the box til dh showed me and suggested they be gotten rid of. So, in the end, 10 items dropped off at Goodwill on today, my monthiversary of doing this blog :D Yay :D
No comments:
Post a Comment