Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm on a roll

Or so my dh says :) What can I say, getting rid of stuff is addictive.

I think I'm going to stop numbering things weekly. Instead I'm going to number them as part of the total items out the door. It will be more inspiring for me at least :)

I also think that maybe I should try and get more things in one picture. I hope no one reading out there has dial up!

So here's this week (so far)

#81 - 96



16 Books. Yes, again. There will be more eventually :) These are mostly old science books given to us by my MIL. Some even have dh's name scribbled in the front. Dh is 42. I'd really rather have up to date science books if we can help it. I sent these to my Aunt's church sale collection so someone can buy them for ten cents as "antiques". There's also a few story books and one book on de-cluttering, LOL! I like books on de-cluttering but didn't like this one, so I was happy to get rid of it.



#97

The Celtic Tarot. When I was in college I used to play around with Tarot decks. I don't believe in them but I don't dis-believe in them either. But I haven't touched them in a decade and really have no reason to hold on to them. I briefly wondered if I should keep them for dd but decided if she ever was interested she'd probably want to pick up her own. This also went to my Aunt's church sale collection.

#98 - 99



Lotion and bath salts. This is one of the dangers of freecycle. Someone listed these along with a candle and I impulsively picked them up. I got them and was all excited until I realized that the lavender scent of all three was overpowering. Intense scents (natural or artificial) bother me. Oh well. I sent these two to my Aunt's church sale. I was going to keep the candle but when I opened it that night I realized it was too strong too. I'm going to give the candle to my mom to give to my Aunt later (I still have it now so I won't post it yet - it doesn't count til it's out the door!)

#100 - 101



These are decorative kitchen towels. I love my in-laws, they are sweet and they like me, but they don't really know me so every Christmas I get Christmas decorations for presents. I can't remember if I got these last year or the one before but they've never been used. Not even washed. They were picked up yesterday by a freecyler.

#102



The last item was the hardest one. This is a crocheted blanket my Grandmother never finished. It was in a bag with most of the yarn needed to finish it. When she died I got all of her stuff because I'm the only one in the family who crochets. I kept thinking I should finish this but she's been dead for 3 years and I never even touched it. I know it's a mile a minute pattern but I don't know which one because she didn't leave instructions in the bag. It's also just not really a color I'd choose. Basically, it was guilt in a bag. Guilt that I didn't like it enough to finish it. This week I let it go. I freecycled it to a woman who crochets *and* has done mile a minute before. I decided I'd feel better to pass it on to someone who will actually finish it than to have it sitting here, unfinished, for another 3 years (or more). I already have a blanket that my Grandma gave me, a bunch of her yarn, all of her crochet hooks, a bunch of finished granny squares that she never made into a blanket (I love granny square blankets and intend to finish that one someday!) and various other bits and pieces of unfinished projects that I either like or that the kids like and are playing with. So I let this one go. It was hard, but I did the right thing. See that crochet hook in the picture? She put it there the last time she worked on it. Yeah, hard.

No comments: