Sunday, August 06, 2006

More Stuff!

It was a good week :) I thought I didn't get seven but then I remembered some items from earlier this week so I'm set!

#1

I don't have a picture of this, but I gave away my daughter's old swimsuit to a friend of hers. It's one of those UV protection swim suits that goes from knee to elbow and has a high neck. I was thrilled to find my friend uses them too. Her daughter is a bit younger/smaller than mine so it should fit her nicely.

#2



This is a toddler slide we bought for my 7 year old when she was . . . a toddler (I can't remember exactly). My son is now 4 so it's out of his range even. Last year they used it in the kiddie pool as a water slide but this year we got a much bigger pool that this won't work for. I asked them if it was ok to get rid of and they surprised me and said ok (and said ok to a few more outdoor toys but NOT the wagon they never use :) ) I freecycled it and it is outta here!

#3




Here is the aforementioned kiddie pool. We've had this for a few years. It's a nice pool, larger than the standard plastic pool, but it can't hold a candle to the big, easy set one we got this year. So we let it go. I freecycled it and had a bit of trouble. The first woman I picked didn't show up twice this week. I emailed her both times but after the second no show, when she hadn't responded to my email 24 hours later, I gave up and re-listed it. This time freecycle worked as it should. A woman who runs a daycare asked for it and picked it up that very afternoon! Cool. Dh was getting tired of it sitting on the porch all week long and really, I was too.

#4



This is a water fountain for your pet. Yes, seriously :) Our cat likes to drink out of the faucet so this seemed like a good idea. Actually, it really is. It's been running 24/7 for years now with no problem and yes, the cat likes it. The only issue is that it's a lot more complicated to clean than a water bowl. You're supposed to take the whole thing apart and clean it weekly (more often if you use it for a dog). That never happened and lately I've been letting it go so long that it gets really gross. Meanwhile, even though he likes it, the cat *still* asks for us to run the faucet for him every day. So I decided it was time to go to someone who might actually be able to keep up on weekly maintenence of this thing. Again, freecycle worked wonders! I listed it and within hours it was gone. Lovely :)

#5-8

I didn't think to take a picture of these. A few months ago our Roots & Shoots group bought canvas shopping bags to paint. One of our members ordered bags but hasn't been to a meeting in months. I kept meaning to mail her bags to her and kept not getting around to it. Finally, this past weekend, I packed them up and asked my mom to take them to the post office for me. Ok, so technically they might count as last week, I don't know, but I'm putting them here. It was so stupid that I kept them sitting around here for months and the guilt was killing me. So now, four bags and guilt - gone :)

I have a few more things listed on freecycle that haven't had bites yet. Maybe I'll get them in next week or maybe I'll put some effort into scrubbing them up good enough to take to GoodWill. And today I listed on freecycle my first sentimental item. It was really hard to list (and now I have to choose who to give it to). I'll chat in more detail about that next week when it's actually gone.

1 comment:

earthchick said...

Oh my, seeing the cat water fountain reminds me that I have one of those sitting in my basement, where it has been unused for at least 3 years. Hmm, must put on my get-rid-of list.

You're doing great!