First we went to the consignment store and dropped off 2 1/2 bags of clothing (and, uh, didn't bring too much back - far less than we dropped off).
Then my mom came over to get stuff for my Aunt's sale. At first when she called I told her I was just going to give her a picture I no longer wanted. I had a box I was filling up but it was only half full and I wanted to put more in it before I gave it to her. Well, my mom's car overheated. She parked it in my driveway and we let it cool down and then put more coolant in it so she was here awhile. Next thing I know she's playing with the kids and I'm just pulling things off the shelves to give away :)
Then (ok, in hindsight this was pretty stupid) we thought we'd take a drive to make sure the car wasn't going to overheat again. I said well, how about driving me to the GoodWill? So she did :) Two more bags of clothing out the door!
MAN was that a good day!
I didn't take any pictures of the clothes (too much) but I counted them. 46 items (or sets). Also, in the box that my mom took (no picture) were four books. Three were kid's books the kids didn't want and one was a novel that I read but didn't like enough to keep.

Here's the framed print that's going to the church sale. I actually picked this out of someone's garbage on bulk trash day. You can't tell from the picture but it's rather large. Maybe 2 feet across? Can you believe someone threw this in the garbage? It's nice but it doesn't fit me anymore. I put up two of the kid's paintings in it's place.

Here's the candle that goes with the lotion and salt. Oops, I forgot to mention to mom that it's a matched set. I'll email my Aunt.

Here's a vase my other Aunt gave us for our wedding (9 years ago). It's nice, but I really only need one large one. I'm keeping a nice clear one that I like because you can see if the water needs adding to or changing.

Here are two toddler games I bought when my dd was little. We never seem to play these. My ds is now at the age range for these but he prefers board games for the most part. These haven't been played in years so out they go. We had a third but when I went through it, too many of the pieces were gone so it wasn't playable anymore. I kept them for art projects (pretty cardobard tiles with animals and flowers on them).

More games! The first two I actually bought at last year's church sale, LOL! The clingform one seemed fun but it turned out there's not much to do with it and it didn't hold attention spans well. We played it the month we got it and that's it. The tri-ominos was never played with. Both kids said no thanks to it and to be honest, it looks hard to me too.

This lotto game is from my MIL. She saved it from when her kids were little. Her youngest is 35 so yeah, the box is a bit beat up and the game is old but, amazingly, all the pieces are there and in good condition. I will *never* be that organized, LOL! We never even played with it and it's been taking up space here for a few years.

Finally, the grand finale. Here we have - 1 Highlights Hidden Pictures calendar (yes, I know 2006 will be almost over by the time the sale is here but this is still fun to play - for a kid who likes this kind of thing - mine don't), 1 graphing workbook that my dd said could go (it has one page done but that's it), 2 Miquon Math books (only a few pages used in the red one - I think?) and the Miquon teacher's manual or whatever the heck they call it.
Ok, those last three are money down the drain but I'm ok with that. We really don't need them. They just represent fear to me. I bought them when my daughter was three because "how will she learn math?". I didn't make her use them or anything but I felt good just having them around. At first. The thing is, we not only homeschool, we unschool and the more time goes on, the more I see that I don't have to worry about stuff like that. Unschooling really does work for us. So, out the door with these. If my dd ever decides she wants a math curriculum (or any curriculum) then we'll find something *together* instead of me just picking something out with no input from her.
Whew! So that was my day. Grand total for today was 62 items. Wow, this really is addictive :D
No comments:
Post a Comment