I picked this electric guitar up on bulk trash day. I *really* need to not go walking on bulk trash day huh? Anyway, I thought it would be fun for the kids to play with and it was. Everyone in the house has pretended to play it at one time or another. Now, both kids have working acoustic guitars, so today dh asked if this one could go. I put it on freecycle, stating that it's missing 4 strings, has various dings on the finish and was found in the garbage. It was gone within hours to a man in the next town who works on guitars for a living. And after he picked it up I had to turn two other people away. I'm so happy I discovered freecycle.
And here's another freecycle success story. These are two teapots in bad shape. One has the spout broken off (still have it at least) and the other has cracks and is missing the lid. Still, I felt really guilty about throwing them out. They are both pretty heavy, nicely made teapots and from what I'm told the white one is a well known maker (Stangl). But still, you can't exactly donate broken, incomplete stuff like this to goodwill or a church sale. So, I was very relieved (of guilt!) when someone on freecycle took them for an art project! She is hoping to make bird feeders out of them. They got picked up this afternoon. So three things gone. A few other things got done too. While I was out grocery shopping with both kids dh cleaned up the backroom. Tonight he was milling around working on the computer room. I also listed one more thing that will go tomorrow. The house is looking pretty good. Still chock full of clutter, but getting better. Of course, when the clutter is all gone it will be far easier to *keep* it looking good, but that's what I'm working on, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment